Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Helmser
Visitor

The Support says, they dont even know about this yet

Markus_Sch
Visitor

I - unfortunately- can only announce similar issues with my updated XZ2:

- higher battery usage compared to last week (without update)

- fingerprint reader is slower, if working at all. Sometimes working when display is off, sometimes after 2 or 3 times trial.

- alarm does not work properly

- "smoothness" in usage is gone. apps take longer to load, transition from screens is lagging.

All in all it works far from perfect - as it did last week.

In addition:

since some months the usb-connection towards PCs does not work anymore. The device is not recognized by windows and the XZ2 does not recognize the pc, does not allow any change of the USB mode.

I tried 3 different PC and 3 different cables.

Funny thing: USB-otg camera and other stuff is working.

I am really starting to hate the Sony XZ2.

BR

Markus

dietrich2
Visitor

oh, that can't be. I opened a ticket at Sony two days ago and posted a thread in the German-language forum (https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/original-firmwares-fuer-sony-xperia-xz2.3356/diskussionsthread- 52-1-a-0-532-android-10-0.936872-page-2.html # post-11882942). Sony has not replied yet. The ticket number is: 1-43118542884
Drawbars
Visitor

I noticed the fingerprint delay too at the XZ2 compact.

I have to press stronger and longer to to unlock. More often the fingerprint is not respoding.

Anyway it's no more working smart like before.

A technical statement would be interesting if this is a higher security check from the android system 10 and needs more sensitive hardware-sensors to compensate, or if it can be fixed by a future update. 

I before used one accu charge for 3 - 4 days with most on standby and only short usage.

I miss the nice discharge graphic and I fear the accu is only for 2 - 3 days now.

May the force be with Sony.

Markus_Sch
Visitor

Discharge Graphic still can be seen - at least for my XZ2.
But I need to go to the battery-settings and then hit the * ... * in the upper right corner to see the battery graph.

Maex
Visitor

Fingwerprint-sensor: #me too# !

Alco2100
Visitor

Here another one with the same problema on XZ2 compact. Too much lag. Slow. Fingerprint. Notifications appear after a long time. Worst update ever! 

Keenjau
Visitor

Glad i'm always last with my Hongkong 6GB Version regarding updates.

Disabled automatically updates,  thanks for letting me know

I will Stay on Android 9 until stable  10 version is available. 

Dibiealex123
Visitor

Opt for Google keyboard instead

Ninjastrikers
Visitor

I am using H8296 and I didn't received the update yet. Confused_Face