Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Bnl
Visitor

And also some apps are appearing in the bar on the top very often, such as the google play store, call recording and some other... They pop the icom on that bar on the top

Phone is getting hot for nothing

Bluetooth sometimes gaps

Mange0
Visitor

I have the same problem with Golf Clash. Also using xz2 compact. 

Also have bad battery. 

Saipan
Visitor

Ditto.

Also, noticing  an issue with battery drain.

omoeller
Visitor

Have not seen any response from SONY on any of the obious topics - knowing SONY support is looking into this ...

Anyway, doing some tests over the past couple of days I am currently seeing a 25-30% drop is battery performance. I do not see any specific reason for the drain, I disabled the new Digital Wellbeing App from Google as it has been showing up in the beginning. Will continue to monitor. 

Problem around the fingerprin reader is truly annoying - ranging from not responding at all to delyed response. I am truly looking at SONY to get these shortfalls fixed in the near future

JCTech
Visitor

My XZ2 got the upgrade to Android 10 on Monday 6th. The first thing I noticed was a drop from 4G to H+ in the signal bar [vodafone UK] yet much more importantly for me is a 'tethering error' issue when I use the phone as a portable hotspot; whilst the XZ2 links with the TV or another device successfully, there is no internet connection.

The phone itself has a data connection but the current variant of Android 10 now on my XZ2 appears not to support sharing it. Have tried a different ISP sim: same result, tethering error. Have tried the Vodafone sim in another phone (a sony without this android upgrade): all works fine, no tethering error.

Vodafone UK say it appears that the issue is with this variant of Android 10 - having spent an hour on the phone attempting to help, to no avail, with this issue. Vodafone UK does not block tethering in this way and the sim is unlimited data - Oh, and everything worked fine on Sunday last.

RTA1
Visitor

If the screen is on then the fingerprint works fine.

If the screen is off then the fingerprint works bad.

If the phone is not used for longer time then the fingerprint does NOT WORK AT ALL.

XZ2 compact

Irrina1
Visitor

XZ2 - the same thing. 

axescot
Visitor

I will chime in here. I have a Sony Xperia XZ2 which did a system update 2 days ago. Since then, there have been a few bugs. For example, when I receive a call on the Messenger app when the phone is locked, it rings but I have to open the app to be able to answer the phone. In the past, it would show up on the entire screen with 'accept' and 'decline' options. Another example, the clock is set to snooze every 10 minutes, however it rings after 1 minute and then every 10 minutes. Lastly, the fingerprint sensor has been less sensitive. There have been other things but were resolved with a restart.

Nifo
Visitor

I have not done this myself, but have someone of you tried a factory reset via the Sony computer app or via the phone? Did any of them fixed the problems? No idea to try it if you already tried...

Worst update for XZ2/XZ2 Compact/XZ3(?) ever??

😞😞😞

evilaz
Visitor

Anyone getting these system update broken-like icons?

I thought I resolved the one based on a tip in the forum but there it is again.

I have the fingerprint problem as well.

I can't believe Sony ruined it so superbly and just ignores all these issues. I contacted support and their idea was safe mode and factory reset, so unhelpful. Super frustrated, dealing with it 2  days now._20200108_222809.JPG