Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2P camera cover scratched

Chasku
Visitor

XZ2P camera cover scratched

Hi,

I read a similar topic here but it had no solutions.

Basically the camera cover of my XZ2P is gettin scratched more and more (idk why). My question is that are the scratches on the glass/plastic cover or is it on a coating covering the glass/plastic. If the latter is true, that would mean, I could potentially remove the coating and the camera cover would be unscratched, right? 

Going to a service center is not an option as in my country they do not offer assistance with the XZ2P.

Please help.

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20
levinsu
Visitor

it’s happen to me too

63F463D0-BA7C-4538-9576-88934BD787B9.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@levinsu wrote:

it’s happen to me too

63F463D0-BA7C-4538-9576-88934BD787B9.jpeg

Not sure about op but that looks like coating, but not 100% sure

tomo100brt
Visitor

DSC_0005.JPG

Look at mine XZ2 Premium. I have Style Cover Touch SCTH40 all time. Is this undere warranty?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I can't say for sure but I would certainly be contacting local support if it were me just to check.

Chickvic
Visitor

Difficult to see maybe, but mine was totally crap. My shop repaired this perfectly without any charge. In all your cases, this should be the wat to deal with this...

Half of the coating faded after 4monthsHalf of the coating faded after 4months

NexusGTS
Visitor

i have exactly the same problemos2d7mzo2o621.jpg

lofoa82
Visitor

Hi,

How exactly did the shop repaired it? Did they put coat again? was it a Sony shop?

Thank you!

Antonio

Emilek
Visitor

Today I received the following information from an authorized Sony service in Poland.

Info from service:

The diagnosis showed damage not covered by the free warranty service. A cost estimate was issued. Please contact the place of returning the device for repair (Salon / Shop / Authorized Service Center) in order to obtain information about the cost estimate. In the case of direct notification to Regenersis - please check the e-mail address and accept or reject the cost estimate.

Documentation:

mechanical damage of the housing not subject to warranty repair conditions

Photo:

Bez tytułu.jpg

Emilek
Visitor

I am begin to see the daylight.

Today, the Polish branch of Sony contacted me and said that they would look closely at my case.

I will keep you informed.