Join now - be part of our community!

Turn off Charging LED - Z5 Compact

SOLVED
FSB
Visitor

Turn off Charging LED - Z5 Compact

Is there any way to turn off the LED while charging, I like to have my phone next to the bed at night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bardakson
Visitor

Haha i was wondering this.. I just turn My Phone around works fine

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@FSB

There isn't a way to do so, however there might be third party apps that might do just that. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

We've heard in the past people putting duct tape on the LED.

alexdon
bardakson
Visitor

Haha i was wondering this.. I just turn My Phone around works fine

ashishsingh007
Visitor

Turning around phone is the best solution and seems perfect. Also, I don't think the light is so bright that can be noticed after closing eyes. Grinning_Face
ratacit
Contributor

My Z1C was annoying. It was one of the reasons i updated to Z5
Proday83
Visitor

There was some program for xperia with that purpose (with a lot of other usefull settings), but root is needed.

hiropaja
Visitor

The charging led notification function, in my opinion, is useless to begin with - I can see that the phone is charging in the status bar.  Not having an option to disable or change the color/brightness of the notification is even worse.  I charge at night - and in my bedroom.  Even with the phone face down, my bedroom becomes illuminated - the blue led is incredibly bright. 

For such an awesome phone, it is hard to understand how developers would have overlooked this detail.  Sony, if you are listening, would you be so kind as to give us a toggle to turn this feature off.

My black electrical tape over the top of the led, while stylish and original, is just not what this piece of machinery should be sporting!

Grooveman1
Visitor

I think it's annoying too. I don't understand why there isn't an option to toggle it off. So you have the choice.. Now the choice is maken for you. 

Pict
Visitor

The charging LED on my Z5P is a barely visible red, I have to look very closely to see if it is on.

When it is fully charged is is still an acceptable level of brightness but green instead.

I do not have any issues with it being disturbing when on my bedside cabinet.