Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 compact can't connect to Femtocells

SOLVED
rbeijers
Visitor

Z5 compact can't connect to Femtocells

Hello,

First I thought I had problems with my Femtocell (an indoor GSM antenna), but by a lot of testing I saw the problem is by my new phone, the Z5 compact.

Three weeks ago, with my Z3 compact, the Femtocell works perfectly. But now my Z5 compact wouldn't connect it anymore. Even try it by my girlfriend, who has also a Femtocell. Her telephone (Samsung S5) connects immediately. I already sent an email to my telephone provider Vodafone, but they told me they can't help me out.

I tried to restart everything, I tried to select the 3G connection and I tried to select a different network operator. Nothing appears to help.

Does anyone have any tips to try?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rbeijers

Contact the carrier its probably their issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rbeijers

How old is the SIM card? is it a nano SIM card? what if you boot on safe mode

rbeijers
Visitor

Thanks for your answer! Yes it's a new nano sim card. I will try to reboot the phone tomorrow in safe mode and let you know

rbeijers
Visitor

I've tried to boot the phone in safe mode. Then I released my telephone number out of the femtocell and then I add it again. Still no result. I have also tried to put the utp cable in my switch (maybe the port of the router was broken) but that's also no solution. Do you have some other options?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rbeijers

Contact the carrier its probably their issue.

rbeijers
Visitor

I had a lot of contact with Vodafone NL, my provider, but they said that it depends on the phone, because I have a good connection outside. Even after the update I got no connection with my femtocell in comparision with my girlfriend. She's got a connection immediately to my femtocell with her Samsung Galaxy S5.

Has someone any ideas what I can try to fix the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rbeijers

Are you still experiencing this issues?

rbeijers
Visitor

No, The problem was solved by my provider
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

So @uliwooly's suggestion was the solution then?
rbeijers
Visitor

Yeah, sorry, but I've ticked it green, because the solution was at my provider. I think they put my nano-simcard number into there network or Femtocell. I've still have a problem with the femtocell of my girlfriend, but I will also call the provider for fix that also (Y)