Join now - be part of our community!

C:\Program Files\Sony\Marketing Tools

nielsulrik
Visitor

What is this program:
?

Can I delete it or stop it from running?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nielsulrik,

welcome to Club Vaio..

I'm not sure what Sony\Marketing Tools is used for.. :thinking:

Click Start , click All Programs , click Accessories, click System Tools then click Task Scheduler..
Click Continue on the User Account Control window.
In task scheduler window you should see three sections, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Do you see marketing tools listed, it may be called something slightly different.?

If so double click marketing tools and in the new window, in the right hand column, click disable...

In the future should you wish the marketing tools to run again complete the above and when you have Double clicked marketing tools in the new window, on the right hand column, click on Enable

nielsulrik
Visitor

Hi

Yes I stopped it. Nothing different to notice.

But I really dont like that app and why does a computer at all come preinstalled with alot of this stuf - soon we buy a PC and then it checks every move we make and posts it to google/microsoft etc.

Anyhow, I am still baffled about the marketing tool. I wonder what Sony has to say about it.

Niels

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes I stopped it. Nothing different to notice.

Glad you managed to stop the application from running.. :slight_smile: