Join now - be part of our community!

A7 iii mode dial loose

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rheneas
Explorer

A7 iii mode dial loose

Hi,

I recently bought an A7 iii, and I'm mostly very happy with it - it's a great performer. However, the mode dial has a certain amount of looseness within each mode's detent. The clicks between the modes are strong, which is fine, but you can move the dial within the current mode without any resistance, and it can sit in different positions, with about 0.5mm play at the edge of the dial altogether before you encounter any resistance. This might not sound a lot, but it makes the dial feel loose/flimsy in operation and a bit cheap. I checked out another copy in a shop and that felt tight, with none of the play I'm seeing. Does anyone else notice this on their A7 iii (or other variant)? I use the mode dial a lot, so it's fairly annoying, and I'm worried it's only going to get looser over time. I'm just slightly wary of sending it back in case it's just normal sample variation and the replacement has a similar (or even different) issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
fandangowheels
Explorer

Just checked my two week old A7 III and seems to be the same, just a fraction of movement in any selected position. Doesnt seem to be a fault or problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rheneas, you might want to send a message to support to ask if this is normal. You can use this contact form. 

profile.country.GB.title
fandangowheels
Explorer

Just checked my two week old A7 III and seems to be the same, just a fraction of movement in any selected position. Doesnt seem to be a fault or problem.