Join now - be part of our community!

A7RIII screen viewing options

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
acapulco5656
Explorer

A7RIII screen viewing options

Advice please? I have an image on the screen of my A7Riii taken with flash and it looks perfect, but on my computer screen which is calibrated it is about one stop under exposed. Am I seeing the Jpeg version on my camera and if so is there a way to see the raw image so I can tell if a flash shot is underexposed? Any advice would be much appreciated

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @acapulco5656,

that sounds like you need to configure your cameras screen brightness.

- Nic

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
A-Restless-Soul
Explorer

Hi.

All digital camweras to my knowledge are unable to show a RAW image, because it needs to convert the image to JPEG to be able to view on the screen.

Your best option would be to shoot in RAW whilst tethering your camera to your computer/laptop. Using software such as Lightroom or indeed the Sony software which allows tethering, you can see and control what your camera sees. Thus making any small adjustments as needed.

Hope this is useful.

Mike.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

In the guide for your camera here there is some advice on raw and jpg  pc settings, perhaps that will help. You can also check that you have selected the desired setting in the camera, see here. Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @acapulco5656,

that sounds like you need to configure your cameras screen brightness.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
A-Restless-Soul
Explorer

Hi.

All digital camweras to my knowledge are unable to show a RAW image, because it needs to convert the image to JPEG to be able to view on the screen.

Your best option would be to shoot in RAW whilst tethering your camera to your computer/laptop. Using software such as Lightroom or indeed the Sony software which allows tethering, you can see and control what your camera sees. Thus making any small adjustments as needed.

Hope this is useful.

Mike.

profile.country.IE.title
acapulco5656
Explorer

Many thanks for your reply it was most helpful.