Join now - be part of our community!

Delaminating screens

profile.country.GB.title
SparkyF986
Explorer

Delaminating screens

The A7 series cameras have a reputation for delaminating rear screens; I have myself experienced this on both my A7R and A7RII.  This is unsightly, affects re-sale value and gives a poor impression of what are otherwise high-quality pieces of kit.  Does anyone know whether SONY has made alterations for the new MKIII versions of the A7 series to avoid this occuring?  I would ask SONY themselves but there appears to be no facility for contact us on the website. (I already posted this but it came up under the wrong heading: A7RII Photo-Shoot, so I'm re-posting with a correct heading).

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Sparky,

I've replied to your previous message, we'll check into this for you. 

Cheers,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
SparkyF986
Explorer

Thanks Edwina. I have actually found how to contact Sony Customer Support UK with this query. Here is their reply today:

"Thank you for contacting Sony support.   

With reference to your query regarding the difference Between the Sony ILCE-7M3 and the ILCE-7RM2 (sic, I did actually say the ILCE-7RM3) regarding the screen technology.

Unfortunately a de-lamination of a screen may occur as a wear and tear, thus may avoid the manufacturing warranty depending on the usage.

Please find the warranty terms and conditions below...."

I'm not quite sure that this says anything more than: 'No, Sony haven't done anything about it'.  Hopefully, you will be able to get a more helpful answer.  Thanks again.