Join now - be part of our community!

Does any NEX-5 owner find the battery runs down when camera is switched off?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
timjoro
Visitor

Does any NEX-5 owner find the battery runs down when camera is switched off?

I bought a new NEX-5 camera in December 2010.   I find that the battery discharges when switched off.  In the past 10 days the battery charge has dropped from 65% or so to nothing.  During that time I did not use the camera at all.  The camera was switched off.  I wonder if this is normal or whether anyone has experience of the apparent problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi timjoro and welcome. 

Fortunately there is a fix for this problem - I had this problem but it was fixed by Sony in the Firmware Release 2.0.  

Click on Support at the top of this page and go to Online Support and then the Support Page for the NEX-5.  You will find the firmware updqate..  Read the instructions carefully!!!

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi timjoro and welcome. 

Fortunately there is a fix for this problem - I had this problem but it was fixed by Sony in the Firmware Release 2.0.  

Click on Support at the top of this page and go to Online Support and then the Support Page for the NEX-5.  You will find the firmware updqate..  Read the instructions carefully!!!

:wink:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
robox3000
Visitor

i also have this problem now that i have gotten my nex5 back from service. first think i noticed is that the firmware is v.1 - when i sent it in for service it was v.3

now that i have it back, in 3 days the battery will go from fully charged to 0% while turned off. only removing the battery while switched off fixes this issue.

since the camera was sent in for repair and the firmware was 'adjusted' on my camera to fix a focus problem, i am no going to update the firmware until i know that it won't bring back the focus problem.