Join now - be part of our community!

Help a novice

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lovelyryan
Visitor

Help a novice

I'm trying to buy a present of macro or panoramic lens for Sony Alpha 200 DSLR for my dad - I'd love some idea of which lenses work best and how much I should expect to pay for each?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Two different lenses come to mind.

Macro would be the SAL30M28 which is a good entry level macro lens at approx £180. The others like the SAL50M28 are about £500 so a big price jump. So the 30 would be worth a consideration...

As for the wide angle type lenses, well they do not come cheap. If you look at the Sony lens line up, you have the SAL1118 which is about £600 however give some really cool shots.

Other lenses such as the Sigma 12-24 are also great for the wide angle but prices are about the same.

Hope that gives you some insight.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Two different lenses come to mind.

Macro would be the SAL30M28 which is a good entry level macro lens at approx £180. The others like the SAL50M28 are about £500 so a big price jump. So the 30 would be worth a consideration...

As for the wide angle type lenses, well they do not come cheap. If you look at the Sony lens line up, you have the SAL1118 which is about £600 however give some really cool shots.

Other lenses such as the Sigma 12-24 are also great for the wide angle but prices are about the same.

Hope that gives you some insight.