Join now - be part of our community!

linking a6500 with iPhone for gps

profile.country.GB.title
Rocar7
Explorer

linking a6500 with iPhone for gps

Recently I have been unable to link my a6500 with my iPhone for gps data. It worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago, now it just will not connect. On the camera, when I try to switch Location Info Link on, it won't do it, but stays set at "off". What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to delete my camera from Play Memories on the phone and start again? Nothing I try seems to work.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Rocar,

Welcome to the community.
It's worth getting in touch with support for advice here as I'm unable to find any definitive troubleshooting tips for you to try.

Thanks,
Ed

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi Rocar7,

well, I do not own an iPhone. However, as for this purpose the connection between camera and phone is established via Bluetooth maybe it could help removing the camera from the list of known Bluetooth devices from your phone. Thereafter try to re-establish the connection. This procedure was working for me on my Android device in a similar situation.

Additionally you could reset all network settings of the camera to "standard", however, in this case you'll have to initiate all your network connections (including Wi-Fi) from scratch.

Cheers,

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)