Join now - be part of our community!

My a580 does not support SSM lens anymore

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
Paradox28
Visitor

My a580 does not support SSM lens anymore

Hi all,

my a580 does not recognize SSM lens anymore (tested with a 70-300 and a 70-400). My othhers lens are perfectly recognized (16-80 Zeiss for instance) and works perfectly.

I have the message "Lens not recognized". Furthermore, everything was OK few days ago and i didn't made any manipulations on the camera.

I think that it comes from firmware (the camera is very very slow with these lens).

Can someone help me ?

Where can i found the firmware to reinstall it ?

Many thanks !

Ce message a été modifié par: Paradox28

Ce message a été modifié par: Paradox28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Not sure what would be causing it. If I remember correctly, the SSM uses additional contacts on the lens mount so the last thing I suggest you go is get a cotton bud/q-tip, have the Alpha switched off, take the lens off and clean the copper contacts both on the body and the lenses. Once done, try again but if it still carries on then im sorry to say, an engineer may need to look at it.

Repair info can be found on here - http://Sony.co.uk/support

Hope that helps. Let me know if you fix it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sounds like something has gone wrong.

Few questions for you.

Did you do anything differently recently? (Firmware update?)

How many SSM lenses have you got? If more than one, does it happen with all?

Have you tried to reset the Alpha to see if it helps?    

profile.country.fr_FR.title
Paradox28
Visitor

Yes, something has gone wrong ....

No firmware update or anything like that.

I tried with 3 lens SSM, the same thing happen with all of them ... but the non-SSM lens are working fine.

How can you reset the Alphe ? (I tried to reset my setup using the menu but it didn't change anything unfotunately).

Thanks for your help !

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Not sure what would be causing it. If I remember correctly, the SSM uses additional contacts on the lens mount so the last thing I suggest you go is get a cotton bud/q-tip, have the Alpha switched off, take the lens off and clean the copper contacts both on the body and the lenses. Once done, try again but if it still carries on then im sorry to say, an engineer may need to look at it.

Repair info can be found on here - http://Sony.co.uk/support

Hope that helps. Let me know if you fix it.