Join now - be part of our community!

New Firmware Ver 04 for NEX Cameras

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

New Firmware Ver 04 for NEX Cameras

I've just updated the firmware in my NEX-5 to version 04.

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/crl/nex/nex.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=NEX-5

• Addition of the [Picture Effect] function.
  • Addition of the [Peaking] function in manual focus mode.

If you have a NEX, I recommend you do this as the new Picture Effect software is great fun.

Did you wonder how they did that old Financial Times advert where the newspaper is pink but everything else is black and white?  Do your own in real time. Also some varied and interesting B&W settings.

:slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I actually am liking this update. Only would have liked flexible focus point selection still available on the new fun modes but manual MF is now just amazing with peak focus. Really clever idea and now makes it easier with the SAL85F28 and SAL35F18.  Not a fan of bracketing so not a big deal that nothing was done about it. Same with the selective colouring, not overly impressed or plan to use it but it is nice that it is there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.pl_PL.title
method82
Visitor

"thank you" SONY for not adding more EV stops for auto-bracketing. Many ppl waited for this, was it really so hard? Auto HDR has has max of +/- 6EV while bracketing only +/- 0.7

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I actually am liking this update. Only would have liked flexible focus point selection still available on the new fun modes but manual MF is now just amazing with peak focus. Really clever idea and now makes it easier with the SAL85F28 and SAL35F18.  Not a fan of bracketing so not a big deal that nothing was done about it. Same with the selective colouring, not overly impressed or plan to use it but it is nice that it is there.

richg101
Visitor

the fixed auto ISO while recording video is a real pain.  Allowing fixed ISO for HD movie mode on nex3 and nex5 will make these cameras a lot more appealing to movie makers.  Canon 550D and 600D are direct competitors, and have this option.  Please for V5 add fixed ISO on HD video record mode:)