Join now - be part of our community!

Question about cashback

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Slartybartfast42

Question about cashback

I purchased an A7III on the 30th December when there was a cashback offer of £300. Since the new year the cashback offer has dropped to £150 and even Sony’s claim webpage states ‘claim £150’ (I will be claiming on 30th January as I have to wait a month). I bought the camera thinking I would be able to claim £300 and had no idea the offer would change. The company I bought it from (Park Cameras) even showed how much the camera would cost after the £300 cashback offer. Will I be able to claim £300 or will I now only get £150. If it is only £150 then this offer has been horribly misleading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Slartybartfast42

I decided to email Sony yesterday (took a while to find their email form) and have just received a response:

‘Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding our Cashback Winter 2019 UK IE campaign.

With reference to your enquiry regarding Sony ILCE-7M3, since you have purchased the camera on 30th December so your camera is eligible for £300.’

This is good news and great to finally get an answer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I have same problem ,and I have already claimed for cash back ,if any reply from sony I will share with you.

profile.country.GB.title
Slartybartfast42

Thanks for the response. I’m due to claim my cashback on Friday so will have to wait it out and see how much I get. I did get a response on another forum claiming the cashback amount is tied into the date meaning pre-2020 purchases should get £300. I’ve no way of knowing whether that’s correct or not though.

profile.country.GB.title
Slartybartfast42

I decided to email Sony yesterday (took a while to find their email form) and have just received a response:

‘Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding our Cashback Winter 2019 UK IE campaign.

With reference to your enquiry regarding Sony ILCE-7M3, since you have purchased the camera on 30th December so your camera is eligible for £300.’

This is good news and great to finally get an answer.

profile.country.GB.title
Slartybartfast42

I have just put in my claim and decided to read the terms and conditions. They state:

'Special offer for products purchased between 29th November 2019 and 5th December (inclusive) only.'

This refers to the £300 cashback offer. When I purchased my camera, all offers from leading retailers stated £300. I was under the impression I would receive £300 cashback. Nowhere was it made clear about this date restriction. Why were retailers still advertising £300 cashback up to the end of the year? I am very angry and feel very mislead.

profile.country.GB.title
lovinit
Explorer

I also now have the same concern- Sony website on 31/12/2019 stated £300 cashback on A73 with no clear indication of the amount dropping before the end of the "winter Cashback" advertised as 31/01/20. I went on 02/01/2020 and made my purchase. Just put in for cashback and noted the website says you had to buy between end Nov and Early Dec to get £300 although I see another user has had their purchase honoured on 30/12. I have contacted Sony and hope they can restore my faith in them as right now I am feeling very dispirited and misled, especially as I am part way through changing brand. If I hear anything I will update

profile.country.GB.title
lovinit
Explorer

OK, so I emailed Sony via the contact site over the weekend explaining the situation and asking for clarity before I claimed, and today received an email saying my A73 was purchased within the time frame of their £300 cashback and that is what I should expect to receive

Full credit to Sony for a prompt response

I have now submitted my cashback claim (although the site crashed on my clicking "submit" when I retried it told me I had already submitted a claim) so I will let you know what happens

I would suggest anyone who has doubts to email them - they seem to respond promptly