Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a290

profile.country.en_GB.title
GaryPowers
Visitor

Sony a290

Hi, I have owned the a290 for quite some time now, I was wondering, if anyone could recommend any lens? Currently on a low budget but could splash out if I want to. Just need to maximise my range of lens that I have now and attempting to expand on.

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Kind of a hard question to answer. The main question I would have to ask you is what do you find that is lacking in your photos and what do you enjoy photos of?

I could say that your next lens would have to be a SAL300F28 but that is a lot of money but may not be the lens for you.

My best recommendation would be to head down to your local camera shop, find what kind of lens that you want by trying some out. Or maybe post a few that you are interested in plus your current lens and maybe I can give you a better insight.         

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello,

Good advice there from Watashiwateshdes - it really is a question of budget and your own personal needs and requirements.

The best place to start getting some information is on the official Sony website for these lenses which can be found at http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/dslr/lenses. Armed with the relevant part numbers, you can Google each one individually for honest reviews from a range of users. This will also help you get the best price as many stores will price match online retailers as long as the lens is an identical product.

Happy hunting!

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo