Join now - be part of our community!

how long should a np-fh50 battery last ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
carol_anne
New

how long should a np-fh50 battery last ?

i have a dlsr -a390, but battery only lasts a day and a half, or how many photos should it take before battery runs out, i have taken about 70 to 80 photos, i would be grateful for advice on this matter. thank you  carol anne erskine

5 REPLIES 5
gimp69
Visitor

On a full charge I would expect you to get 200+ when using Live-View and double that when using the Viewfinder.

carol_anne
New

i am still having problems with my camera, i received a new battery last week,so i have gone out this weekend and taken some shots, i wrote down 957 when i put the battery in then it went downto 936, with 1 bar on battery down,but wheni put camera card in laptop 32 photos taken, then next time i took more photos it went from 936 to 833 and two bar down, but again i took 9 photos , so according to laptop i took 41 photos, i went to use camera today 841 on screen and 2 bars left on battery, i never took photos, so i would be grateful for any advice !! thank you regards carol erskine

sligophotog
Visitor

Hard to say without knowing how you use it! to maximise battery life;

Make sure your camera is set to 'sleep' after a short period of disuse (such as one minute).

Turn of the camera when not actually taking a picture.

Don't use live view.

Only use built in flash if really needed.

If you are already doing these things how many shots per charge are you getting?

Don't know if you are using a extra battery grip (vertical grip) but on an A700 and and A900 the vertical grip will exhaust a single battery faster than using camera without a vertical grip, though lasts much longer of course with 2 batteries in the grip.

carol_anne
New

Thank you for the advice on a NP-FH50, but alas i had to take the camera back to the sony shop,i did get a new battery to try but it also just gave me about 60 photos, the sony shop was very good and gave me a new camera, thank you again for your helpful advice,the new camera is very much improved, and looking forward to getting to know my way around it.     regards carol anne

sligophotog
Visitor

Thats great do check out www.dyxum.com for loads of help with your new camera.