Join now - be part of our community!

Sony EMC Soft carrying case has cracked my nex 5 screen!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chic_rose
Visitor

Sony EMC Soft carrying case has cracked my nex 5 screen!!

Hi,

I bought this sony emc soft carrying case (LCS-EMC) about 3 months ago to protect my sony nex-5.

Then 2 days ago, I have accidently dropped this case with my camera inside it and it has cracked my camera's screen. It is really breaking my heart. It has just been dropped from a low chair about 45cm height to a carpet floor.

The damaged is really bad to the screen although the camera is still working fine. I just couldn't believe this. It has just been a low drop to a carpet floor and the camera was inside this protective case!!!

It was actually the metal zip head inside the case (a flap-over case with a zip pocket on inside flap) that cracked the screen. It chipped the screen edge and then cracked the screen (as attached pictures). You can even see the scratch on the zip head and pull from the impact. You won't think that a case that should protect your camera actually damaging it!

The matter worst now as I don't have the warranty anymore! I am not sure how much it will cost me to repair this. Does anyone know?

Does anyone have a suggestion for me please? I am not sure if I can complain about this to Sony as well!

I can only suggest don't buy this case unless you are very careful! It doesn't give a protection to your camera as you would think, be careful with the zip head inside!

I would really appreciate if anyone can give me a suggestion, or maybe just a comfort!!

Oh my saddest and unlucky moment!!!

Thanks for reading!

NB: I have attached some pictures of the camera and the case.

Kind regards,

Rose

Message was edited by: chic_rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

Welcome to the forum...I am just sorry about the circumstances that brought you here!

Bit of a unique one this (at least I hope it is) and something I would have to take a closer look at before offering comment.

With this in mind, may I ask you to drop me a message with your name and contact details.  I can then talk it through with you in great detail and hopefully sort something out.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Lee

Sony United Kingdom Limited

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StartTheCar
Contributor

Welcome to the forum...I am just sorry about the circumstances that brought you here!

Bit of a unique one this (at least I hope it is) and something I would have to take a closer look at before offering comment.

With this in mind, may I ask you to drop me a message with your name and contact details.  I can then talk it through with you in great detail and hopefully sort something out.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Lee

Sony United Kingdom Limited