Join now - be part of our community!

sony Nex 5 HDMI problem after update

profile.country.en_GB.title
lazloj
Visitor

sony Nex 5 HDMI problem after update

Hi, can anyone advise or help me,

After updating the camera with the latest firmware (via apple mac) the hdmi functionality no longer works.

Have followed the instructions to the letter and it still doesnt work.

The cable i used previously is a Jessops provided cable with the small adapter at the camera end, this did work perfectly before, so as far as i am aware this shouldnt be the cause of the lack of playback through the HDMI on the tv.

As an example, once the channel is changed to hdmi  the display on the camera switches off, all i get on the TV screen is no signal..initally for a brief moment i see the word  'connecting' but nothing appears.

Any ideas or should i just take the camera back for a refund or try to apply the firmware update again, cant find anything on google so it may be a islolated incident.

help appreciated

cheers

Tags (6)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
andpaz
Visitor

Mine (nex 5) doesn´t work with hdmi conected to tv. i have the firmware 4...some peolple downloaded the firmware from japan. maybe this change of region could do the nex incompatible with tv region setings, i don´t know really, but i live in america, and  upgraded my camera in europe...think maybe this could be the problem...any info would be very helpfull.
cheers

El mensaje fue editado por: andpaz

El mensaje fue editado por: andpaz