Join now - be part of our community!

Internet suddenly stopped working

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Internet suddenly stopped working

Had a strange problem with my 49x8305c today. 

Ive had it 14 months now and overall am very happy. The tv is always connected via wifi and I've certainly never had any problems with that. Until today. 

Last night used the tv fine. Internet was connected and used Netflix as well as amazon prime.  

This morning though I went into amazon prime and it says internet connectivity problem. Then I noticed that YouTube didn't work and the recommended links at the top weren't displaying.

So i reset the tv and reset my router and still nothing. When I go to network settings it says it's connected to my wifi network. When I go to the connection test part it says it's connected fine too. And all my other devices are working fine over wifi apart from the tv. 

so then I tried connecting via Ethernet and same thing, tv says it's connected but then anything I go to says no internet connecting. 

Plex works fine, so I know it is connecting to my network, but don't understand why there's no internet

Does anyone have any ideas. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Interesting that there has been a couple of posts roughly around the same time.  Is everything working OK now though??

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Have you tried checking that your isp hasn't added some form block on certain types of websites?

profile.country.GB.title
DawsonLondon
New

100% identical issue on my KD-49XD8099

Have tried full reset, using Ethernet and still nothing. Amazon and Youtube are the impacted apps. Haven't tried others but some certainly are working.

I have Sky Broadband if this helps?