Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar stopped working with XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Soundbar stopped working with XH90

Have a soundbar that is connected via ARC and was working fine with XH90. 

Suddenly no sound, and says (sometimes) something like “speakers not active” and hear nothing. Switching to TV speakers and can hear. 

I’ve tried restarting TV and soundbar, unplugging/plugging in HDMI, I then factory reset both TV and soundbar and still no sound. 

I tested the soundbar by connecting to BT and it played fine, so the actual speaker works. 

Anyone know what to try next please, or how to determine definitely if it’s TV or soundbar at fault 

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi MrQwerty111, 

Could you try plugging another device in the HDMI ARC to check if the port is working? Or vise versa. 

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Well after leaving the soundbar unplugged from power for a few days just so could use the TV, I decided to plug it back in today. 

Nothing has changed, no updates, no cable changes etc. plugged it back in and I got sound via the TV to the soundbar. So what’s happened? I’ve done nothing. I’d already tried power cycling both, factory reset both and didn’t work. 

Still unsure if it was TV or soundbar at fault, and biggest question is why and how has it fixed itself?