Join now - be part of our community!

Distored moving image with hdr handycam

profile.country.en_AU.title
jamgeary
Visitor

Distored moving image with hdr handycam

I have had this camera for a month or so now but only just started playing around with it. i have done some day time shots and also some filming at home. Now when i first used the cam it was in the aeroplane (in a open cockpit tigermoth ... very bright day) and i though the issue was because the plane vibrated. but i have tested it again at home (camera steady, but hand moving drawing images) and getting same issue. So 2 different filming sessions under 2 different lighting situations.

basicly i get horrizonal line whenever something moves. it seems to be worse if something moves faster. appears very distorted.

The camera is a Sony HDR-XR260

I'm filming on settings;

record mode: ''highest quality [FX]''

frame rate: 50i

hd/sd setting: HD

x.v.color ON

image size; 16:9

recording to camera HDD

white balance: auto

spot meter/fcs: auto

spot meter: auto

spot focus: auto

exposure: auto

focus: auto

low lux: on

fader: off

steady shot: active

auto backlight: on

one thing i will note is that the first time i used it in the aeroplane it kept having issues writing to the hdd. had some kind of error on screen about 'writing to hdd'. cant remember what it said tbh. it was a bumpy ride so i didnt think much of it at the time.

image attached. 2 pictures here. one is from the tigermoth. Look at the red frame of the plane.

second image is my drawing. not the best lighting. but u can see the pencil is in focus and my moving hand has the lines on it.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Jamgeary - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I saw the question that you posted on an existing thread, and I have provided some further information there:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/1300809#1300809

Having now read your post above, I would strongly recommend finding out if a repair is required as you have not had the camera for very long - any serious faults should be covered by the warranty.

Thanks,

Simon