Join now - be part of our community!

HDV distortion when camera moves...

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mrcuss
Visitor

HDV distortion when camera moves...

Hi People,

I have just bought a HDR - HC9E to accompany my HDV DV Cam.  The purpose of the handycam is to get in close while the DV Cam remains static.

My problem is, while the Handycam records crisp footage while stationary, as soon as i move the camera my footage distorts.  It appears as though the footage is being dragged from frame to frame.

Horizontal scan lines appear throughout the footage while the cmera is in motion

I use both cameras via Adobe Elements on a PC.  The software settings must be OK as the footage for the DV Cam is fine.

The distorted footage can be seen pre edit.  Its the raw .avi file that is created when capturing video via Elements and can be seen in the view window while capturing.

Is there a setting or something on the camera that i have missed as i am unable to use this camera for its intended purpose.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Mrcuss

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_AU.title
jamgeary
Visitor

i have this same issue with my new hdr-xr260 .. im trying to film on highest settings. Appears to happen when the subject moves.

did u get a fix for this?? is it the output file format or something? vry annoying

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello jamgeary - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Thanks for the sample image. I would suggest performing a full system reset first of all and if that doesn't help, that may indicate that there is an internal fault with the camera that requires repair.

For the reset first of all, this can be done by inserting a pointed object into the 'RESET' hole and keeping it pressed down for a few seconds. The hole can be found next to the flap underneath the screen (it is marked as '7' in the image below:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/HDR-CX250_CX260V_CX580V_PJ260_PJ260V_PJ580_PJ580V_PJ600_PJ600V_XR260V_guide/eng/partimages/ic1822a_set.jpg

If this doesn't solve the problem, I would suggest getting in touch with Sony Customer Services to see if it can be repaired and if there will be any costs involved (this will depend upon the status of the warranty). All of the details can be found on the following page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon