Join now - be part of our community!

Driver for DCR-DVD310 for Mac computer

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
benghiman
Visitor

Driver for DCR-DVD310 for Mac computer

Hello, Everyone,

Despite many tries, I cannot find a driver for my old DCR-DVD310 Handycam to connect it to my new Mac computer.

I need it for adding photos to my web site www.home-cures.net, which as it is now, lacks a few photos.

Please can anyone tell me how to get it to work. Sony does not have the camera listed!!!!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The DCR-DVD310E is listed and should have the same transfer process.  I don't think you need any drivers but you need iMovie.

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/videotransfer/vtransfer.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&sec=DVD&m=...

1. Make sure you disabled the standby mode on your computer.
  2. Connect  the camera to the mains and connect the USB cable to the camera (at  this stage, do not connect the camera to the computer.).
  3. Turn the camera on.
  4. Connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable.
  5. Open iMovie and wait until the camera is fully detected (this  may take several minutes as detection time depends on the movie  length.).
  6. When the camera is detected, movie thumbnails and the Import  window appear. If the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is full, it may take 1.5  hours.

Good Luck

:wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The DCR-DVD310E is listed and should have the same transfer process.  I don't think you need any drivers but you need iMovie.

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/videotransfer/vtransfer.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&sec=DVD&m=...

1. Make sure you disabled the standby mode on your computer.
  2. Connect  the camera to the mains and connect the USB cable to the camera (at  this stage, do not connect the camera to the computer.).
  3. Turn the camera on.
  4. Connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable.
  5. Open iMovie and wait until the camera is fully detected (this  may take several minutes as detection time depends on the movie  length.).
  6. When the camera is detected, movie thumbnails and the Import  window appear. If the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is full, it may take 1.5  hours.

Good Luck

:wink: