Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-AX700 Super Slow Motion issue

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Chris1936
Explorer

FDR-AX700 Super Slow Motion issue

I have been advised to raise this query in this section.  I hope (as a compleely new member) I have posted it in the correct section and manner!

I have just purchased (April 23, 2019) the AX700 camcorder and generally I am most impressed though there is still an enormous amount I have to learn to benefit from its tremendous performance.  One of its most attractive features to me is its 40x super slow motion capability but to my disappointment I found when trying to make use of it, the required XAVC S HD setup of 1080/25p when implemented immediately changed to 1080/50p when Super Slow Motion was engaged, resulting in only 20x reduction.  I have so far been unable to find out why or correct this and would appreciate any help.  I have in the mean time sent a request to Customer Services for help but community help may well be faster and more expansive!!  My camcorder quotes that the latest Firmware version 1.01 is installed.  Could this be a fault, hardware or software/firmware, in general, just in my particular unit or have I just missed a step etc.  -  guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris Connor (Chris 1936)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Chris1936
Explorer

To anyone reading my query about my AX700 flipping from setting 1080/25p to 1080/50 when Super Slow Motion was engaged, thereby playng back with only 20x speed reduction instead of 40x, you may be interested to know that Sony Customer Support responded promptly to my query, suggested I perform a RESET, with the necessary instructions to do so, and it worked!   My camcorder was purchased only 6 days ago and already had the latest firmware installed (V1.01) which, if it had to be updated, would have resulted in a reset.   Normally I would guess resetting a new camcorder before use should not be necessary and I confess I didn't see any recommendation or instruction to do so in the manual or other data supplied, though I may just have missed it!  Anyway, it's interesting to know that a reset may help resolve odd problems like this.

Kind regards to all,

Chris1936

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Chris, 

Welcome to the community! 

That's great that it has been resolved - thanks for the update.

Thanks,

Pascale

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Chris1936
Explorer

To anyone reading my query about my AX700 flipping from setting 1080/25p to 1080/50 when Super Slow Motion was engaged, thereby playng back with only 20x speed reduction instead of 40x, you may be interested to know that Sony Customer Support responded promptly to my query, suggested I perform a RESET, with the necessary instructions to do so, and it worked!   My camcorder was purchased only 6 days ago and already had the latest firmware installed (V1.01) which, if it had to be updated, would have resulted in a reset.   Normally I would guess resetting a new camcorder before use should not be necessary and I confess I didn't see any recommendation or instruction to do so in the manual or other data supplied, though I may just have missed it!  Anyway, it's interesting to know that a reset may help resolve odd problems like this.

Kind regards to all,

Chris1936

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Chris, 

Welcome to the community! 

That's great that it has been resolved - thanks for the update.

Thanks,

Pascale