Join now - be part of our community!

Formats

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
msmfb123
Visitor

Formats

What format does the sony HDR-X1E record in HDV or DV? What is the best format to use when editing in Adobe Primiere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello msmfb123 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

HDV and DV refer to the quality of the video being produced, as opposed to the movie file format which is the key when importing video into software such as Adobe Premiere. I do not personally use this software, but I am reasonable sure that it can import M2TS videos directly, which is the format that your Sony camera should be creating. If it is not, please take a look at the file extensions on your video files (these should be visible when you connect the camera to a computer) and I will look into it further for you.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello msmfb123 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

HDV and DV refer to the quality of the video being produced, as opposed to the movie file format which is the key when importing video into software such as Adobe Premiere. I do not personally use this software, but I am reasonable sure that it can import M2TS videos directly, which is the format that your Sony camera should be creating. If it is not, please take a look at the file extensions on your video files (these should be visible when you connect the camera to a computer) and I will look into it further for you.

Thanks,

Simon