Join now - be part of our community!

HDR CX410VE

profile.country.en_GB.title
defender47
Visitor

HDR CX410VE

I have just bought this Handycam and want to know if I can download images and film direct to an external hard drive. On my screen under Edit/Copy Direct copy is greyed out. It only shows Delete and Protect.

Does this mean I have to go through a computer?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
defender47
Visitor

Hi Simon,

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

I checked my Toshiba Ext HD and it is NTSF and so is my Vaio. the problem then is if I get a new FAT formatted Ext HD and drop my movie clips on so I don't fill up my flash card how do I get the data from my 'new' FAT HD onto my 'NTSF Vaio? I don't want to mess with my Toshiba. Too much valuable stuff on there.

Nothing's easy is it?

Hope you might have some ideas on that one Simon.

Cheers

Paul

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello defender47 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware, these functions should become visible as soon as you connect a compatible external hard drive to your camcorder. Full instructions for this process are available on the following page in the iManual:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4452893111/EN/contents/07/02/01/01.html

Provided that the VMC-UAM2 adapter cable is connected to your hard drive correctly, you should be able to copy all of your media directly from the camcorder. The external hard drive needs to be formatted to the FAT file system, as the camera will not be able to recognise the NTFS format.

Thanks,

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Paul :slight_smile:

If you format a new HDD to the FAT standard, your VAIO will still be able to read it as Windows should be capable of recognising and reading both types of hard drive.

Thanks,

Simon