Join now - be part of our community!

help me please......

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
toby101
Visitor

help me please......

Can anybody please tell me if i can connect my Handycam DCR-HC39E to my new iMac and if so how do i do this,not very good with these things so need as much help as possible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello toby101 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have been having a look at some Apple support sites as I am not currently a Mac user myself. Having said this, in your iMac photo there is a socket with a circle and three lines in the middle of the picture and I believe that this is a Firewire socket. As your camcorder has a DV out socket, I think that the easiest way to connect them together would be with a Firewire cable. If you still have the original box, there may be have been a lead included but if not, the cable can be purchased online for around £6 if you go to Amazon and search for 'HC39E Firewire Cable.'

Once it is all hooked up, you would then use any Mac compatible software that is capable of capturing video over Firewire. Sony have published an online guide for connecting to a Mac computer, and you can read it on the following page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/videotransfer

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello toby101 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have been having a look at some Apple support sites as I am not currently a Mac user myself. Having said this, in your iMac photo there is a socket with a circle and three lines in the middle of the picture and I believe that this is a Firewire socket. As your camcorder has a DV out socket, I think that the easiest way to connect them together would be with a Firewire cable. If you still have the original box, there may be have been a lead included but if not, the cable can be purchased online for around £6 if you go to Amazon and search for 'HC39E Firewire Cable.'

Once it is all hooked up, you would then use any Mac compatible software that is capable of capturing video over Firewire. Sony have published an online guide for connecting to a Mac computer, and you can read it on the following page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/videotransfer

Thanks,

Simon