Join now - be part of our community!

Help Please with hdr-cx240e video transfer to laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
UserNameNotAvailable
New

Help Please with hdr-cx240e video transfer to laptop

Hi, complete technophobe here so apologies for limited understanding!

Have been unable to transfer video from Handy Cam HDR-CX240E to the laptop via PlayMemories Home.  Followed an online guide that took me through checking the settings on the camcorder - seemed fine - and then through reinstalling PlayMemories Home - followed instructions and seemed okay.

When trying to import files still getting a message asking me to turn on the camera.  Camera is on and plugged in - bought a new cable in case that was the problem.  Still getting the same message saying to turn on the camera - again, it's on and plugged in.

Any ideas as to whether I'm doing something wrong or if there are other things I can try doing to sort the problem out?  Many thanks :slight_smile: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @Sean_Mc,

the HDR-CX240E is a digital camcorder which uses SD-cards as medium, so your tip is unfortunately not helpful.

Hello @UserNameNotAvailable,

What does your camcorders screen show you as soon as you plug the camcorder into your computer?

Did you connect the camcorder via the USB-cable hidden inside the hand strap?

You can easily pull it out of there and connect it to your computer.

- Nic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see more details on how to transfer video from a Digital8 or MiniDV camcorder to a computer running a Windows operating system here

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @Sean_Mc,

the HDR-CX240E is a digital camcorder which uses SD-cards as medium, so your tip is unfortunately not helpful.

What does your camcorders screen show you as soon as you plug the camcorder into your computer?

Did you connect the camcorder via the USB-cable hidden inside the hand strap?

You can easily pull it out of there and connect it to your computer.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
UserNameNotAvailable
New

Hello Sean and Nic, thank you both for your responses and information.

I am very embarassed at how thick I am!  I had not plugged the hidden cable into the laptop; I thought that was just for charging it up :confused: I had another cable which I thought was what I was supposed to use but that turned out to be the one that you connect to the telly :slight_smile:  So I bought a mulit purpose one thinking I might have chucked out the one I needed when we moved house a little while ago.  And now I discover that the one I was supposed to be using was there all the time :slight_smile:  Lol, what a wally.  Anyway, yes, I have now plugged the right cable in and everything is working perfectly.  I'm very glad the forum is anonymous so that no-one knows how daft I am :slight_smile:  Lol, thank you both again and hopefully I won't be this daft again in future :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

no worries, sometimes one is stuck or can't see what is obvious to others - there is no shame in that. :cool:

- Nic