Join now - be part of our community!

no vision in LCD screen in the bright sun

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
longman1
Visitor

no vision in LCD screen in the bright sun

Hi can anyone tell me how to get around the problem of not being able to see the LCD screen on a camcorder in the bright sunshine

Regards

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi longman, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is a common enough problem which has only one real solution: try to film with the sun to one side, rather than behind you, perhaps shading the screen with a free hand.

If you have an articulated screen, turn it so that you get some shade. If the sun is overhead, for example, tilt the screen down a little: the viewing angle on most handycams is wide enough that you don't need to be looking squarely at it and you'll actually see the image more clearly.

Obviously if you have an optical viewfinder you can use that, but in general this is a problem as old as photography itself, and the reason photogrpahers used to stand with cloths over their heads! I'm not suggesting you have to do that, but it would actually be a pretty good solution... :smileygrin:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi longman, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is a common enough problem which has only one real solution: try to film with the sun to one side, rather than behind you, perhaps shading the screen with a free hand.

If you have an articulated screen, turn it so that you get some shade. If the sun is overhead, for example, tilt the screen down a little: the viewing angle on most handycams is wide enough that you don't need to be looking squarely at it and you'll actually see the image more clearly.

Obviously if you have an optical viewfinder you can use that, but in general this is a problem as old as photography itself, and the reason photogrpahers used to stand with cloths over their heads! I'm not suggesting you have to do that, but it would actually be a pretty good solution... :smileygrin:

Cheers

Mick