Join now - be part of our community!

Connection problems

profile.country.GB.title
MalcolmB
New

Connection problems

I have a Cybershot DSC-WX350.  Ever since I bought it, I have not been able to connect it via a USB cable to my PC - the PC simply does not see it.  I assumed it was because I had an old PC.  Have recently bought a Windows 10 laptop.  That does not see the camera when it is connected via the USB cable either, so it it is not the ports on my PC or settings on that which is doing it.  

I have tried three different USB cables.  I have tried all three of USB connection options on the camera (Auto, Mass Storage and MTP).  None of those have any effect. I have tried plug the camera in before plugging the cable in to the computer and vice versa.  I have tried switch the camera on before plugging it into the computer and after.  None of those make any difference etiher.

This is now beocming a bit of a pain, since I can't even use the wireless connection to download pictures without having first set it up via USB!  So at present I am still having to take the memory card out and put it into the reader on my old PC ... but that means I have to keep the old PC.

In all other respects it is a great camera, but the difficulty of the downloading the pictures doesn't help at all.  After all, I do want to save what pictures I have taken.  So anybody got any other suggestions as to what I have missed, or failed to do?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Malcolm, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

You may have a driver issue there. Have a look at this online troubleshooting guide for your camera. It will hopefully help with wireless connection too.

Cheers

Mick