Join now - be part of our community!

Cracked viewing screen by rubbing too hard???

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bcrw47
Visitor

Cracked viewing screen by rubbing too hard???

Hello folks,

I'm asking if anyone else has had this problem/fault. I took the camera (DCS-WX100) from its case and noticed the viewing screen was finger printy, so I rubbed it against my sweatshirt front as no duster was handy.

Next thing I noticed was a crack across the glass of the viewing screen, thought it was intially another mark or scratch, but I could feel it with my nails....

Regards,

Bernard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Bernard, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about the screen. It should be strong enough to press really hard without cracking. Is it possible it broke before you started cleaning it?

If it's stopping you enjoying the camera it can be repaired; you can get an estimate by entering you details on the Sony repair service page.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Bernard, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about the screen. It should be strong enough to press really hard without cracking. Is it possible it broke before you started cleaning it?

If it's stopping you enjoying the camera it can be repaired; you can get an estimate by entering you details on the Sony repair service page.

Cheers

Mick

bcrw47
Visitor

Hello Mick,

Thanks for the reply and welcoming message.

I have no idea how the crack came about, I always carry it in its protective case that came with it from a Tesco's offer.

Like I said, I hadn't noticed it until after cleaning off the finger print smears with the front of my sweatshirt.

It still works, I don't really want to mount up an expensive Sony repair bill if my household insurance pays up.

I'll get another one from Argos, as I've found they're £35 cheaper than Tesco, but I'll have to be much more vigilant regarding handling.

I have to say I've owned several compact cameras, and never had anything like this happen, I don't mishandle equipement of any kind, but don't handle them 'like eggs' either, they're to be used.

Regards,

Bernard