Join now - be part of our community!

I have a DSC-W170, recently I have noticed there is a black hole of about 5mm dia, appearing on screen and photos.

profile.country.GB.title
alex691
Explorer

I have a DSC-W170, recently I have noticed there is a black hole of about 5mm dia, appearing on screen and photos.

I have cleaned the lense, but still the same problem.

Any idea as to how this can be fixed?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Alex, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If this was a removable-lens camera, I'd say it was probably dust on the sensor. It's not impossible with a fixed lens, just less likely.

It would be much easier to ascertain if you could upload a sample image which shows the problem clearly. Just click the camera icon when replying and hit 'choose file'.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
alexalexi
New

Thanks Mick.

sony DSC-W170.jpg

Thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Interesting... as I thought, it's not on the sensor. When you can see detail 'underneath' the mark it's almost always something on the lens.

You say you've cleaned it and the thing causing the mark is likely to be big enough to see, so it must be something inside, perhaps on the rear element.

I'm really not sure how easy this will be to remove, but you might be able to get some idea by taking it to a high-street camera store and asking if their tech can look at it.

Sorry that's not much help! Hope you get somewhere with it.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
alexalexi
New

Thanks.