Join now - be part of our community!

When will DSC-HX30V be available in the UK?

profile.country.en_GB.title
DavidG25
Visitor

When will DSC-HX30V be available in the UK?

I really would like to buy the DSC-HX30V camera and can't understand why it's not available in the UK.  Can anyone offer any advice?  Also, I'm off the the US in March, if I bought it there would I have any compatability issues when using it back in the UK?

Thanks for any feedback 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello DavidG25 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I do not have any information about a possible UK release date for this camera. However, the latest information will always be displayed on the official Sony site at www.sony.co.uk.

If you were to buy it in the USA, you would just need to make sure that you either pick up a UK compatible power supply unit for charging or you could purchase a power adapter to go on the US two pin plug. Bear in mind that captured video would probably be in NTSC format but the majority of modern TV sets are capable of displaying both UK and US video formats anyway.

Thanks,

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

DavidG25
Visitor

Thanks Simon, that is helpful. Still undecided though! 

Regards

David

Mick2011
New

Hi David :slight_smile:

You should probably also add in to the mix the fact that you won't be covered under a EU warranty if you buy a US-sourced camera.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.en_IE.title
hellojello1
Visitor
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello hellojello1 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Amazon link - however the vendors all seemed to be based outside of the UK. Therefore, the points that Mick2011 made above about the warranty issues are still relevant. For instance, an EU warranty may not fully apply to an item that is sourced from Asia.

Thanks,

Simon