Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX20V - trouble downloading PlayMemories

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tarzantony2
Visitor

DSC HX20V - trouble downloading PlayMemories

Hi there

I have just bought this camera and getting to grips with all it offers. Trouble is I don't seem to be able to download PM to my laptop (W7). I can get as far as 'initial set up - connect your camera to computer' but it doesn't recognise the camera is connected when it actually is. I have imported pictures with Windows so cable/connection is fine.

I have tried with all the different camera settings, modes, MTP, mass storage, LUN, GPS on/off but nothing works. I have seen on this forum that PM is not necessary as other software will do but that is not really the point. I would like to judge for myself.

I did see a thread with a similar issue but there was no conclusion - except try a new cable.

Any help from you experienced guys would be appreciated.

T2

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.fr_FR.title
NPSR42
Explorer

Hi,

Just to say I tried many times on my two USB3 ports, no detection even if i reinstalled the software.

I plug the HX20V on legacy USB2.0 port on my Asus U32U under W7 - 32 bits with PM(B) 2.0 ==> works fine.immediatly.

Maybe a problem of detection on USB3 third party chips (mine is ASMEDIA with last firmware and last drivers).

Nicolas

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Nicolas - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

In theory USB3 should be completely backwards compatible but as you say, you have been successful on a USB2 port and so this is living proof that it is worth trying a different socket! It may also be something to do with using a 32 bit system as well as I know that this can affect it sometimes.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.en_IE.title
miskeiv
Visitor

Hi, how and in what mode did you get 50FPS? I recorded in all formats (quality aspect) and all files were 25FPS. Slow-mo recording is out of chat. Thanks.