Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-WX100 scratch on the screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tisa23
Visitor

DSC-WX100 scratch on the screen

I bought a DSC-WX100 a few months ago from john lewis but my daughter managed to scratch the lcd screen do you know if this is covered by the warrenty or if john lewis would replace it?

many thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Tisa23 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Usually, the standard manufacturer's warranty will only cover faults that occur as a result of a manufacturing defect i.e. problems that are not the fault of the consumer. As you have indicated that your daughter has scratched the screen of the camera, it is very unlikely that you will be able to get this repaired under the standard guarantee.

Having said this, it may be possible to repair the screen or at least reduce the appearance of the scratch - this will depend upon thow badly the screen has been damaged and how deep the scratch is. If the damage is very bad, your only two options may be to put up with it or purchase a new screen and get it fitted (this can be costly). If you search for 'LCD Screen Repair Scratch' on Google, you should see a few options that are available but I do not have much experience in this so there isn't really anything that I can specifically recommend. Out of interest, you may benefit from contacting Customer Services at Sony to see how much they would charge for such a repair - their details are available in the following forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon