Join now - be part of our community!

HELP ME! Deleting music from cybershot from WMP!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JDS_Velasquez_Fever
Visitor

HELP ME! Deleting music from cybershot from WMP!

Can someone please help.

I've had this Cybershot T2 for four years and never had a problem. Yesterday i took photos and wanted to upload them to my computer as usual, but the windows media player was open listening to music and it started to sync. I didnt even realise until it was too late.

Now my cameras saying Internal Memory full even though i've deleted a load of photos. How do i get rid of the the things that went onto the device from windows media player? I have plugged the camera into the computer and windows media player has been saying 'Please Wait' for a good half hour.

Can anyone tell me how i can get rid of this without deleting the photos?

Thankyou

Message was edited by: JDS_Velasquez_Fever

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello JDS_Velasquez_Fever - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

In order to locate the music files and delete them without affecting the photo files on the camera, I would suggest plugging it into your computer via USB and then clicking on the camera icon in Computer/My Computer. If this allows you to see the files and folders in the camera directory (as if the camera was its own drive) you should be able to browse to the folder where the music files have been stored and then delete them manually i.e. by right-clicking on each file and deleting or by selecting them all with 'click and drag' and then deleting in one go.

Hope this helps,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello JDS_Velasquez_Fever - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

In order to locate the music files and delete them without affecting the photo files on the camera, I would suggest plugging it into your computer via USB and then clicking on the camera icon in Computer/My Computer. If this allows you to see the files and folders in the camera directory (as if the camera was its own drive) you should be able to browse to the folder where the music files have been stored and then delete them manually i.e. by right-clicking on each file and deleting or by selecting them all with 'click and drag' and then deleting in one go.

Hope this helps,

Simon