Join now - be part of our community!

How can i input a password to a wi-fi service with a cybershot dsc-hx30v camera?

profile.country.en_GB.title
leroyston
Visitor

How can i input a password to a wi-fi service with a cybershot dsc-hx30v camera?

When I try to connect up to a wi-fi service the camera prompts me for a password. How do I input the password into the camera, please..

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello leroyston - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

On your camera, you can select a wireless network and enter the password by going to the 'Access Point Settings' menu which can be found by selecting:

MENU --> SETTINGS --> NETWORK SETTINGS --> ACCESS POINT SETTINGS

Once you have chosen the correct wireless network SSID, you can enter the password using the on screen keyboard and the control wheel. Selecting characters is quite similar to typing a text message on a mobile phone (in the days before predictive text!) and there is a full guide to this available in the online user manual which can be viewed here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX20V_HX30_HX30V_guide/en/contents/06/04/02/02.html

Thanks,

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

leroyston
Visitor

Thank you. It took a while for the information to get through to my aged brain, but things worked out well. Again, thank you.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

That's great - enjoy your camera :slight_smile:

Simon