Join now - be part of our community!

HX20V Price drop & Cashback

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gaarbon
Visitor

HX20V Price drop & Cashback

So! I stupidly brought my camera when is was released, only 10 days later (24/05/2012) Sony reduce the price by £50 and offer a £40 cashback. I contacted Sony and i have just recieved a very polite reply that basically

just said "Tuff".. Anyone else getting really fed up with Sony's so called customer service.

What with this and the Tablet S fiasco i think they have lost another customer.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gaarbon,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I can understand you may feel annoyed, you could try contacting the retailer, but to be honest the price on products can vary from retailer to retailer. One may have a promotion running for a week or so and then reduce the product further the next week or return it to the pre reduced price.

I'm sure we have all been in this position at some time, I know I have, the problem, as I see it, is that you can either buy a product when you want it or wait and see if the price gets lower as the weeks and months past by, only problem with this is that a new model may come along and they the cycle starts again..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gaarbon,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I can understand you may feel annoyed, you could try contacting the retailer, but to be honest the price on products can vary from retailer to retailer. One may have a promotion running for a week or so and then reduce the product further the next week or return it to the pre reduced price.

I'm sure we have all been in this position at some time, I know I have, the problem, as I see it, is that you can either buy a product when you want it or wait and see if the price gets lower as the weeks and months past by, only problem with this is that a new model may come along and they the cycle starts again..

profile.country.en_GB.title
gaarbon
Visitor

I understand what you are saying, if it was 3 - 6 months it wouldn't be a problem.

What's annoyed me so much is that the price reduction and cashback offer happened just 10days later.

The retailer in question is "Sony Online" so they must have known it was going to happen.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gaarbon,

I understand that someone from Sony may have been in contact with you, I hope you had a chance to discuss your concerns..