Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSC WX100 camera audio not working

profile.country.en_GB.title
ajqajqajq
Visitor

Sony DSC WX100 camera audio not working

Hello

I just purchased sony DSC WX100 and when finishing filming I tried to playback and realised there is no sound coming and I dont know how to fix this and also when putting pictures on my laptop I also cant put videos on there as its not there

pleaseee helppp

much appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi there, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Do you mean to say there is no sound when you playback on the PC, or on the camera? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'it's not there' on the PC – is it missing on the camera, or are you unable to download to your hard drive?

Cheers

Mick

ajqajqajq
Visitor

I mean when taking a video and playing it back on the camera there is no sound at all coming from the camera and the video has no sound.  when I plug the camera into my laptop no vidoes come up at all only pictures and I dont know how to make the videos come up

thank you for the reply I hope you can help me

Mick2011
New

Playback on the camera can be very quiet; it's only intended as a quick review facility and you'll need to download the footage to your laptop before you can hear it properly. You may also find the camera mutes the sound if you zoom during filming.

Can you let me know what software you are using on your PC? You should either use PlayMemories Home (supplied with the camera) or something like WIndows Movie Maker, if you want to view and edit videos. It's difficult to advise you without knowing which program you are using.

Cheers

Mick