Join now - be part of our community!

Setting up new DSC-H20V

profile.country.GB.title
bucksrosie
Explorer

Setting up new DSC-H20V

I have just charged this new DSC-H20V camera and when you turn it on, I cannot get past the language setting when you press ok nothing happens - help !!!! No date and time before either.....

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi there, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is a little odd and may indicate an internal fault; you should always get a date/time setup screen when you first switch the camera on. I'm assuming you are following the handbook setup instructions; language setup is the second step in the setup process.

Try removing the battery for 30 mins, then re-insert, power up and try to set up again. This may help re-initialise the camera, but if that fails to improve things let me know and we can direct you to the warranty repair service.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
bucksrosie
Explorer

Hi There

Well I called John Lewis Technical help - where i bought the camera, we tried various combinations and it started to work all of a sudden the date and time combination came 2nd after the language set up. As this is my xmas gift and I do not really have time to get the camera back, John Lewis have made a note on my order that I had problems setting it up so if it does have to go back I wont have any problems.

I have used it briefly and will try again later. Do not like the online info user guide it is unclear and not practical when you first are learning.

Fingers crossed and thanks so much for your help Mick

Regards

Rosemary

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

I hope it works out ok Rosemary. We do occasionally hear of glitches with cybershot setup routines; as far as I'm aware, once resolved the cameras function normally. It was a good idea to log the problem with the retailer just in case, but I'm quite confident this won't have any repercussions in normal use.

Enjoy your new camera :slight_smile:

Mick