Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HX90V Panorama sweep

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
If_only
Explorer

Sony HX90V Panorama sweep

I have the HX90V and have been trying to use the panorama mode but every time I select panorama sweep mode I can't use zoom. There is no mention in the manual of not being able to use zoom at the same time.

Is my camera faulty or is this how it should work. I also find that sweep gives me a very narrow photo, how can I make it wider.

My old camera had a stitch function whereby I could see  the previous picture taken and line up the next one, taking as many as I wanted for the entire view whilst zoomed.

I am very disappointed with this aspect of the camera. It appears that panorama sweep is a step back from stitch mode and teaches me never to assume things improve.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @If_only :slight_smile:

I'm afraid its not possible to zoom in during a Panoramic sweep photo,

plus the longer and thinner photo is the default panoramic setting too

which can't be altered I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @If_only :slight_smile:

I'm afraid its not possible to zoom in during a Panoramic sweep photo,

plus the longer and thinner photo is the default panoramic setting too

which can't be altered I'm afraid.

profile.country.GB.title
If_only
Explorer

@jumpsuit

Thanks for the information. I am very disappointed with the camera as it is a retro grade step. I can understand having an idiot panramic mode on the cheaper more basic cameras for people who can't/don't want to  use stitch post photo processing  but at this level when there is manual control on most functions.

I expected at least the level of my old camera when stitch assist was selected part of the previously taken photo was shown on the screen to assist with lining up the next photo and all photos were in a folder within the date taken. Now I have to go back to working before I had stitch assist and remember where parts of the photo were according to the grid line.

Also the manual makes not mention that zoom function is not available in pamorama mode.

I suppose this is all part of dumbing down and instant sharing on social media. If I had wanted that sort of camera I could have saved a lot of money and got a much cheaper one