Join now - be part of our community!

100 free books for PRS-T1

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
natas21
Visitor

100 free books for PRS-T1

I have registered my PRS-T1 online but cannot find how to get the 100 free ebooks...

Can anyone help? :thinking:

Message was edited by: natas21

Message was edited by: natas21

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Just to see what would happen, I registered the T1 and clicked on the link to "100 free books" - and came to a dead end !

So I'd forget it and just go to the Gutenburg or the MobileRead free libraries  ( Gut.. is very fine, with some real rarities.) Much bigger choice - I remember when I got my free (never did find the full 100 !) lot for my 650, there was everything Oscar Wilde wrote, a lt of Dickens, Austin, Bronte, etc.. most of which I new I'd never, or had already, read. All very fine - but no "bargain" really, they're all out of public domain, so free anyway.

Actually, I don't know why they aren't simply pre-loaded on the readers, to get you familiar with the device straight off, come to think of it.

Sony ?  Yoo hoo ?.................how about that ?

But there are some very good free sites for what are termed "classics" - ex-pub. domain in other words - if I get a chance I'll put a selection up, but the above two are excellent and among, if not the, best .

Ensure they are from a reputable source, which is where a source like  MobileRead comes in.

[By the way, I'm not on a retainer from MR ! It is just an absolutely vital resource for all ereaders, of all makes and inclinations, all over the world  ! ]

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Alex_lexi,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
From memory I think the 100 free e-books offer from Sony ended sometime towards the end if 2012..
However if you are not aware you can still download free e-books from somewhere like Project Gutenberg..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
emmamarie2609
Visitor

im having this problem too :slight_frown:

carpetmojo

I can't see anything that would help in the manual, so providing you've done all the epaperwork, as it were, I would go back to the Sony marketing hooks - they must mention them there, although haven't checked myself yet. Then seek the magic link, somewhere... allegedly.....

But do remember , like with the x50's, these are, almost without exception, public domain "classics" of some sort or another - and probably Gutenburg editions anyway.

So you could just go to Gutenburg anddownload there to your heart's content ! (All free too) Also MobileRead has a vast free library, with the advantage that members knowledgable in such matters are always re-proofing and improving the versions - I have a very fine Sherlock Holmes and Thorndyke collection from there, recently just completed, and very well done.

Hope this helps.

carpetmojo

Just to see what would happen, I registered the T1 and clicked on the link to "100 free books" - and came to a dead end !

So I'd forget it and just go to the Gutenburg or the MobileRead free libraries  ( Gut.. is very fine, with some real rarities.) Much bigger choice - I remember when I got my free (never did find the full 100 !) lot for my 650, there was everything Oscar Wilde wrote, a lt of Dickens, Austin, Bronte, etc.. most of which I new I'd never, or had already, read. All very fine - but no "bargain" really, they're all out of public domain, so free anyway.

Actually, I don't know why they aren't simply pre-loaded on the readers, to get you familiar with the device straight off, come to think of it.

Sony ?  Yoo hoo ?.................how about that ?

But there are some very good free sites for what are termed "classics" - ex-pub. domain in other words - if I get a chance I'll put a selection up, but the above two are excellent and among, if not the, best .

Ensure they are from a reputable source, which is where a source like  MobileRead comes in.

[By the way, I'm not on a retainer from MR ! It is just an absolutely vital resource for all ereaders, of all makes and inclinations, all over the world  ! ]

stedor2
Visitor

Just bought a PRS-T! and also cannot find how to get the 100 free books.

Does anyone know thow to get them?

Does Sony read these posts?

carpetmojo

Go to the recommended free sites and help yourself - not 100, 1,000s - and you get to put on what you want to read ...

The free 100 will all be public domain "classics" which you can, really, get anytime - at the same price !  :wink:

kewooll40
Visitor

This problem is still going on!!

I registered my eReader on 19th May 2013; the 'Thank you for joining Sony.....' email arrived with the same offer to download 100 free classics. Clicking the link gets you nowhere.

My email to Sony resulted in the response "This offer has been terminated"

Lovely products - poor customer service.

alex_lexi
Explorer

Hi!

I have just registered my PRS 300 and I got an email with a button saying Claim you 100 free ebooks... click it and it sais We can't find your page...any other way to get the books?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Alex_lexi,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
From memory I think the 100 free e-books offer from Sony ended sometime towards the end if 2012..
However if you are not aware you can still download free e-books from somewhere like Project Gutenberg..