Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone know where i can buy a PRS ACL3 book cover with light?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Fedup2011
Visitor

Anyone know where i can buy a PRS ACL3 book cover with light?

I only bought my PRS 300 about 4 months ago and already Sony are telling me that they do now manufacture the cover with the light for it anymore.  My reader is only 4 months old and already I can't get accessories for it.  if anyone out there knows where I can buy one I be grateful for the info.

Ta

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

John Lewis were selling these cheap as old stock for £20 but I expect they have sold them all now.

Google is your best bet at finding someone with old stock.

:neutral:

carpetmojo

Try your nearest W/stones, you never know, I got a 650 one a couple weeks ago - they'll ring round other stores and shift one in if they find one.

Incidentally, I really think Sony are in real danger of becoming a laughing stock with their ereaders - good product spoiled by , well, silliness is the only word springs to mind. The software has real issues, the stylus is plain daft, they seem to not have realise that "Which" named the 650 Best Buy, with the 350 2nd, both ahead of the Kindle.

The readers are getting impossible to find, as are covers, chargers, - and heaven only knows how many months it would take to get a simple problem rectified - see "stylus" thread for perfect example of Sony silliness !

And am I the only one who finds their sites frustratingly slow-w-w  and user unfriendly ?

'Praps it's my old PC. ( But it's funny all other sites I use are fine................ )

smudge549
Visitor

Hi if you find one can you let me know please i bought mine in sept and cant get a cover anywere, thabks.

Fedup2011
Visitor

Hi

I went to Waterstones to take back a cover for a refund (it was an Xmas present and the wrong size) they offered to check the other Scottish branches and found one!  They have sent it to my local branch and I pick it up tomorrow.  Even better it's half price because it's old stock.

So if I were you I'd go to see them and ask them to trawl around their other stores.  It's all done by computer so not too much work for anyone.  I found them v helpful.

Good luck.