Join now - be part of our community!

eReader issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
amanroy
Visitor

eReader issues

I had a laptop that I would connect my Sony PRS-600 to to buy books etc. The laptop is broken. \\\how can \i get my eReader connected to a new laptop and download all my books again.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi amanroy,

I would suggest that you first need to download the latest version of Reader Library software (you can get this from the Sony Support website) to your replacement laptop.  Once you have done this, as I guess you can't get the eBooks you bought from your broken laptop, try visiting the on-line retailers that you purchased your eBooks from as most have a purchase history section where you can usually re-download your eBooks.  When you download, the Reader Library software will ask you to authorise your computer.  For this you need your Adobe ID and password - it's really important that you use the same one as you used for your broken laptop otherwise the download will not be successful (plus this will be the same as used to authorise your Reader - and they have to match).

Once your computer is authorised, then you can download the remainder of your purchases again (top tip - always select the 'open' option after you press download as this will transfer the eBook straight into Reader Library for you).

Hope this works out for you.