Join now - be part of our community!

Europe warranty for my ereader PRS-T2

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
cojobar
Visitor

Europe warranty for my ereader PRS-T2

I need an e-mail address to complaint about the warranty of my e-reader out of Spain, I think there must be a central service in Europe or something. My PRS-T2 doesn't work in less than three months and Sony (of Spain) doesn't want to repair it. I think the corner of the screen is broken, inside the book, because of a mistake made in the factory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hit the "Support " at the top of this page, and go from there - there's a variety of contact mehtods, and the Sony Service Helpdesk. Worth a try.

But I do note a "may not be available in your country.....

But your manual etc... that came with the T2 has a list of all European centres, so have a hunt through there for Spain.

But you must have found some contact in Spain ?

However, if it is screen problems, and it was OK when you first got the device, it sounds, with the problem being inside, and on a corner particularly, as if it has suffered an impact, - doesn't have to be very hard sometimes/

I did comment on this in another post, but it almost certainly means the sub-strata is damaged, through impact or flexing of some kind.

I think if was a mistake by the factory, it would have been apparent straight from the box.

If you Google sony Corp Spain, and do some research, you can probably find a name to contact if you really think it's not your fault.

Good luck, sorry can't be more helpful regarding Spanish contacts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

Hit the "Support " at the top of this page, and go from there - there's a variety of contact mehtods, and the Sony Service Helpdesk. Worth a try.

But I do note a "may not be available in your country.....

But your manual etc... that came with the T2 has a list of all European centres, so have a hunt through there for Spain.

But you must have found some contact in Spain ?

However, if it is screen problems, and it was OK when you first got the device, it sounds, with the problem being inside, and on a corner particularly, as if it has suffered an impact, - doesn't have to be very hard sometimes/

I did comment on this in another post, but it almost certainly means the sub-strata is damaged, through impact or flexing of some kind.

I think if was a mistake by the factory, it would have been apparent straight from the box.

If you Google sony Corp Spain, and do some research, you can probably find a name to contact if you really think it's not your fault.

Good luck, sorry can't be more helpful regarding Spanish contacts.

afirvin
New

If you bought from a retailer take it to the store. If you bought from Sony online try emailing customer.service.dk@shop.sony-europe.com Sony Europe is based in Denmark. My ereader screen failed after 18 months and I have been in correspndence with Sony. Unfortunately they have not been able to help and have told me that they will only guarentee the screen (and whole device) for 12 months. I hope you have better luck with Sony than I had. I now have another reader which I am happy with - it's not a Sony.

Message was edited by: afirvin