Join now - be part of our community!

FREE CLASSIC DOWNLOAD

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JOE17348
Visitor

FREE CLASSIC DOWNLOAD

My e-mail from Sony states that I can now get my free classic downloads but when I try this I can only find introductions to three books and it is either download these or buy. I suspect that as my ereader is  PRS300 these books are not available FREE - perhaps the website requires upgrading. Anyone else with the same problem please.

Just DYING to read my new boos!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oldpostman
Visitor

Hello JOE17348

I have just been given a PRS-300 yesterday as a christmas gift.

This morning I opened my registration email from Sony and in the block below the welcome message it

shows an icon to the right with an ereader with an arrow above it and "Download 100 ebooks" below it.

I clicked on that icon rather than the "Just click here to get your ebooks"

That took me through to the 100 ebooks for download.

I followed their instructions and downloaded them into an ebook folder I created in my documents,

then unzipped them "right click - extract here".

Then opened Reader Library and used the File - Import to get the books into my library.

I hope that this is of some use.

Good luck

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi JOE17348,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does anything in the following thread help: I have registered my ereader prs650, now how do I access the free classic books.?

JOE17348
Visitor

No as the welcome email I received does not give me any icon or opportunity to dowload anything free just samples of three ebooks there is nothing else there

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Could you upload a copy of the email please, make sure you remove any of your personal information first though.

little.leanne
Visitor

Hello, I'm have same problem with same model.  Its a gift for my daughter for Christmas and wanted a few bits on to get her started!  Help!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi little.leanne,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As I posted in reply to JOE17348 could you upload a copy of the email please, make sure you remove any of your personal information first though, thanks..

oldpostman
Visitor

Hello JOE17348

I have just been given a PRS-300 yesterday as a christmas gift.

This morning I opened my registration email from Sony and in the block below the welcome message it

shows an icon to the right with an ereader with an arrow above it and "Download 100 ebooks" below it.

I clicked on that icon rather than the "Just click here to get your ebooks"

That took me through to the 100 ebooks for download.

I followed their instructions and downloaded them into an ebook folder I created in my documents,

then unzipped them "right click - extract here".

Then opened Reader Library and used the File - Import to get the books into my library.

I hope that this is of some use.

Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info oldpostman..:smileyhappy: