Join now - be part of our community!

HOW DO I CHANGE THE AUTHORZED USER ON MY EREADER?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LorriGlasgow
Visitor

HOW DO I CHANGE THE AUTHORZED USER ON MY EREADER?

Hi all

recently been given (by my Mum) her fancy ereader - too techie for her.

I'm trying to set it up but get the message "ebook cannot  transferred because the Reader is authorized to another user".

My Mum is not sure how it was set up in the first place so not able to help,

Any ideas from the Community on how to insert details of a new Authorised User?  Would appreciate any advice please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

In order to authorise the reader in the first place it needs to be plugged into a PC that has Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on it with an Adobe ID. Importantly you can't have one device authorised to two or more users

You therefore need to reverse the process. i.e. de-authorise it. So you need to plug it into the PC that has ADE on it, then press CTRL-SHIFT-D. This should de-authorise it. What I'm not sure about is if this has to be the same computer and ADE used when it was originally authorised.

Then you can authorise it to the correct user ID.

However if you have any books authorised when your mum had it you won't be able to read them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

In order to authorise the reader in the first place it needs to be plugged into a PC that has Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on it with an Adobe ID. Importantly you can't have one device authorised to two or more users

You therefore need to reverse the process. i.e. de-authorise it. So you need to plug it into the PC that has ADE on it, then press CTRL-SHIFT-D. This should de-authorise it. What I'm not sure about is if this has to be the same computer and ADE used when it was originally authorised.

Then you can authorise it to the correct user ID.

However if you have any books authorised when your mum had it you won't be able to read them.

It worked! Thank you!!!

I openned Reader Library and signed into the Kobo store. Then went to the Reader screen and pressed CTRL-SHIFT-D. There was a flicker, but no message. When I tried dragging and droping the books in I got a message saying "Would you like to authorize the device for these files?".

Thanks, again!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sharpe1234,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Thanks for confirming that Sehexle solution worked..:smileythumbsup: Your reply allows us to confidently mark their answer as the solution to the original question in the thread..