Join now - be part of our community!

What are your recommended reads for this summer?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

What are your recommended reads for this summer?

Hey!

Are you reading anything worth sharing with the rest of the community? Or have you read a book that you think others should try? 

I recently started reading JET by Russell Blake. Can't quite find enough time to really get stuck in to it but i'm a few chapters in and enjoying it. It follows a former Mossad agent whose past has caught up with her. 

I've found that searching for free deals on hotukdeals often brings up good books.

Anyone else with a recommendation? 

3 REPLIES 3
Delsur
Explorer

Hey there,

I just finished the Game of Thrones book series and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it had me completely hooked up and now I'm desperate for recommendations :laughing:  Not sure JET is for me, but will keep an eye out for more recommendations! :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi Delsur. 

Are you also a fan of the TV series? I was always meaning to get around to reading the GoT books, but have only managed to watch the first season so far. How do they compare if you have?

Delsur
Explorer

Hi Drewde,

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the TV series because it annoys me when it doesn't stay true to the books and they change things completely, which happens a lot, but I admit I can't stop watching it regardless :flushed: As you'd expect the series is a simplified version of what happens in the books, so some things don't make sense, like how characters evolve. Without far more context that you get in the TV series it just seems a bit random how people behave sometimes.

I'd really recommend getting the first book to see whether it's the kind of thing you'd enjoy, because if you do you'll have reading for quite some time! Hopefully GRR Martin will publish the next book soonish...