Join now - be part of our community!

This Community Forum

profile.country.GB.title
videosoul

This Community Forum

@Peter_SUK @Peter_S. I've just registered with this forum to discover that none of my rankings, profile informtion, kudos etc have been transferred over from the Sony USA based Sony Community Forum. I had a very high ranking there.

This is rather dissapointing.

I thought the whole point of the new single-sign-on was to make things like this eaier? Now I have one Sony login, but two seperate forum identities. That's a bit silly, isn't it?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Dr_Chris
Explorer

Hello Nic,

This is something that needs to be sorted by the administrators of this forum as soon as possible, as it's simply unfair, especially to long term users such as us. And I'm sure, if there's a will there's a way, so I urge all forum administrators to find a way to restore everyone's original accounts so that we can log into them as was the case before the change in platform. It's simply unacceptable that these accounts exist "in limbo" and cannot be accessed by their owners which have spent years contributing to the support forum.  They should at least be accessible by their owners in their own location, although ideally they should be accessible from any location, as it used to be before this unecessary segregation between locations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sony is after all, one single company, so cooperation between the European and the other support forum locations shouldn't be an issue...

Let's hope that a solution is found soon..

Regards,

Chris

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Dr_Chris,

@Dr_Chris  schrieb:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sony is after all, one single company, so cooperation between the European and the other support forum locations shouldn't be an issue...

you are wrong - Sony US and Sony EU are seperate, so no chance for you to get your account back.

Just try to do your best here and forget about the account. It gets easier with time.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
PaulReam
Explorer

I think one of the major problems was when Sony US started treating pro customers with product issues very differently from Sony Europe... maybe more likely to get sued?  As soon as US customers started letting us know about their deals, the old forum stopped.  Probably just a coincidence but I like a good conspiracy theory !!!

profile.country.GB.title
Dr_Chris
Explorer

That's too bad, but I remain hopeful nevertheless!

Regards,

Chris